[thelist] Advanced PHP discussion list.

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Wed Oct 16 15:50:01 CDT 2002

Jackson Yee wrote:

> Out of curiousity, David, what did you find missing about
> comp.lang.php?  I thought that was the de facto group for PHP
> questions.

A couple of things.
Just looking at some of today's posts:
1)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=f12829c8.0210151931.34e597bd%40posting.
google.com
2) http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=uqpnq5dfgchq33%40corp.supernews.com
3)
http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=aoigp4%24qvh%241%40feed.centurytel.net
There are even more from yesterday.  All those posts are either straight
RTFM or completely irrelevant.

Additionally, I really am looking for a group to _discuss_ things.  When a
question comes up it's great to answer it but it's even better to talk about
it, see the different ways to tackle it and evaluate solutions.  *That's*
what is different I suppose.

The last thing that irk's me about comp.lang.php and some of these other
high-volume lists (aside from evolt which doesn't have this problem) is post
repeat.  Essentially the same question gets asked by different people very
week.  It's rather annoying if you ask me.

Hope that helps,
David Ulevitch