[thelist] Email client for Macs

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Wed Oct 16 17:32:01 CDT 2002

Nan Smith

>Is there something similar for Macs that is as easy as
>Outlook to set up email accounts? (And hopefully free,
>since this is a non profit organization.)

Well, Outlook isn't free, outlook express is, and in my opinion isn't a
patch on the full Outlook. For the Mac you can get Entourage which I
understand is a great programme and in many ways improves on the windows
version of Outlook. (Essentially 'cos it has got a great lot of legacy code
behind it)

For free I _think_ you could get the advertising sponsored version of
Eudora.

If they're using OS X, then you might be able to use a number of Open
solutions. As I understand it, it's got FreeBSD as the core of the system so
look into their email solutions...

You could get Pine:
See, http://www.osxgnu.org/
http://www.osxgnu.org/software/Email/

Further more here's a starter from the O'Reilly "The Mac OS X Open Source
Tools Collection"
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/07/26/os_tools.html?page=last&x-o
rder=date

kr,