[thelist] Background Image(s)?

Djinn djinn at darkdesigns.org
Wed Oct 16 17:49:10 CDT 2002

Is it possible to have more than 1 background image?

What I'm trying to do is use a background image that has a border image on
all four sides. I can't make it scaleable with the page because it would
distort the border image, so I thought I could divide it into 4 separate
images: top, bottom, left and right that would be fixed and overlapped. I
want to make it the background of a table cell with text partially
overlapping it.

Suggestions? I'm sure there's a better way to do this than I'm thinking. An
example page that does this type of thing elegantly would be great.

Jean Peterson