[thelist] Big problems with my DIVs

Chris George codemonkey00 at mac.com
Fri Oct 18 09:59:00 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I had a smaller project come my way that allowed me to use some new
(for me) technologies... namely CSS divs.  Normally this would be
something I would just use nested tables for, but lured by the fame and
fortune of CSS, thought I'd give it a go.

Here's the page:
http://www.mmeco.com/landingpage.html

Basically, what I ended up having to do was create three "parent" boxes
- one to hold the links, one to hold the heading and one more to hold
the content (and each of those are in divs as well).

This doesn't seem right to me.... but I couldn't get it done using :
relative placement all within one box either.  So, basically, I'm
looking for a CSS critique here... what can I do differently to
optimize how this page is rendered (Mac and PC IE, Netscape 6.2, 7).

HUGE thanks in advance!

Chris.