[thelist] Give your index finger a break

Gene Arcamonte garcamo1 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 18 10:41:01 CDT 2002

Hi, all. I have been reading this list for years and every couple of years
actually post something
I am a 43 year old two-finger typer who has been using computers daily,
mostly business applications,
for 20 years. This post is going out to the younger people... be aware of
how hard you are pressng
down on your mouse with your index finger. I have a mildly arthritic right
index finger and the only
thing I can relate the anomaly to is years of beng frustrated and
unknowingly pressing down really
hard on the mouse left button in some weird belief that this will somehow
make the computer perform
faster. I hope this helps someone out there. Also, use a drop-down keyboard.
I don't, but you should.
:-)