[thelist] [ASP Question] Session_OnEnd

David at softv.net David at softv.net
Fri Oct 18 15:25:01 CDT 2002

Hi Jaques,

Why not set a cookie when the user hits the site (ASP sessions use cookies
anyway to identitfy users) and set the current/date time in that cookie.
Right before the session is destroyed, grab the associated cookie and do a
compare of the date/time stored in it with the current date/time.
Keep in mind as well that sessions expire by default after 20 minutes of
inactivity on the server, although this can be adjusted.

<%
David Mitchell
Application Developer
david at sofTV.net