[thelist] web cam software (win98 compat)

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Sun Oct 20 21:02:01 CDT 2002

Bob Haroche wrote:

> I assume you mean to stream the media to a web page viewable by anyone with
> a browser. Otherwise, NetMeeting and Eyeball chat, free shareware, would
> allow you to do this so long as the viewer has the same software.
>
> Sorry I don't have the answer for streaming to a web page (can QuickTime do
> this?), but if you find the solution would you mind posting it?

Right now the best free software I've found is http://www.visiongs.com/
but it crashes pretty regularly -- the client version on the browser,
not the actual server software.... can be solved with a simple F5/Refresh.

They have several different options actually, and I've been able to find
at least one that works in NN4, IE6, Moz, and Opera.

TjL

--
'Confessions of a browser sniffer' today on Beyond30
OperaBlog: Beyond30                      http://tntluoma.com/beyond30