[thelist] address directory online and off

Geoff Sheridan geoff at premonition.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 07:05:00 CDT 2002

My client wants to make available their membership list online.
People should be able to search it like a directory - it's a list of
voluntary organisations in the area.

They want to be able to use _the same database_ to print address
labels off their windows machine.

I administrate their website on a Linux machine and would prefer to
use MySQL, but is this the best solution?

a/ Does anyone know of any good PHP/MySQL directory solutions?
b/ Does anyone know how they might use a remote MySQL database for
MSWord mail merges, or how they might keep an access database in
synch with the MySQL one.
c/ Am I barking up the wrong tree? How should I go about this? Is
Access what I'm after?

I will not necessarily be doing the development myself, but any sound
advice how this should be done would be welcome.

TIA

Geoff