[thelist] Search Engine Commando?

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Mon Oct 21 15:15:01 CDT 2002

> > Has anyone actually *used* this software? I've heard it's pretty good
> > but have no 'reliable' first hand accounts....
>
> Just been having a browse through the site and it claims to be able to get
> you a ranking with Yahoo! I was under the impression that you had to pay
> money for this privilege now.

Most times you do, though I have a commercial ecommerce site that got in for
free. At day's end, I guess the editors have to show the boss a good list.
This site *does* have the most products, and the most unique content in its
field, so maybe that contributed.

Personally, I avoid submission softwares. I used to play with webPosition
Gold, which seems pretty similiar to this one. There aren't really 318
search engines, most use results from dmoz, google, etc. Hand submission is
still the best way to go.

And, resubmission is a myth. Once you're in, you won't drop out unless you
do something evil. The showing where you rank for certain terms can be
useful, but do you really care to know that your 56? or 120? I care more
about who *is* in the top 20 if its not me...and trying to get them to link
to my site (and all the people that link to them, to link to my site)

nagrom