[thelist] [SPAM, The List] Did anybody else get it?

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Oct 22 00:20:01 CDT 2002

At 09:34 AM 22-10-02, Abhay S. Kushwaha wrote:
>I have received an email from a company called 37 signals.
>I did not ask for it but it was addressed to me directly.

>Has anybody else received such mails too? Is anybody keeping an eye
>about the issue?

While spam (or the appearance of it) affects us all, this list isn't the
best place to discuss companies that allegedly send spam. If all of us
decided to open our hearts out about the various get-rich-quick and porn
spam that we get every day, this list would be flooded. :)

A better idea would be to use the evolt.org contact form (
http://evolt.org/contact ) or send an email to
thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org and let us know.

Since 37Signals are fairly well-known, you might try writing to them
directly and asking how they got your address. (
http://www.37signals.com/contact.php ) If the mail was sent using Topica,
it will also have unsubscribe instructions.

FWIW, I received the same mail, but I AM subscribed to their notification list.

Regards,

Madhu
(one of the list admins)

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy