[thelist] NN4.7 CSS woes

sasha spam at bittersweet2.com
Tue Oct 22 13:18:01 CDT 2002

I'm 95% certain that the problem with the links at the
bottom in NS 4.7x is related to the padding and/or
margin on them.  You should be able to hide that
easily with an @import, once you figure out which one
is doing it.  Or even just making the padding/margin
definitions only on the .bottom class and leaving it
out of the anchor definitions might fix it.

You might want to fix the huge gap on the front page
in Opera (6.05) between the description of the inn and
the logo.  They appear to be in 2 separate tables, and
they probably don't even need to be.  This might be
the same thing you describe happening for NS, but I
didn't see anything like it in 4.79.

sasha

10/22/2002 1:56:56 PM, Gregory Wostrel
<gwostrel at mac.com> wrote:

>--
>Hello Evolt'ers,
>
>I am trying to get a small site for an Inn finished.
(I have already
>had a bit of help from the list, thank you) This time
i am trying to
>get it to look reasonable in NN4.7 (is it worth it?)
>
>The site:
>http://www.gwcreative.com/working/weekapaug/
>
>Here are the problems:
>The text links on the very bottom of the page center
on on top of the
>other in a big tall column in NN4 but in a nice
horizontal line in IE
>and NN6&7. The CSS call for the text in that <div> to
be centered, but
>the links are one line of text with out a <br />. I
suppose that I
>could just nest a table with the links, but I would
rather not. Any
>thoughts?
>
>Second, In IE and NN6&7 there is a nice spacing
between the Logo and
>then the page title and text but in NN4 a huge space
is thrown in under
>the logo before the next cell which has the page
title and text in it.