[thelist] NN4.7 CSS woes

sasha spam at bittersweet2.com
Tue Oct 22 16:13:01 CDT 2002

10/22/2002 4:31:07 PM, Gregory Wostrel
<gwostrel at mac.com> wrote:

>But now, or still, there are a few more NN4.7 quirks.
>
>http://www.gwcreative.com/working/weekapaug/history.h
tml has the bottom
>of the page graphic overlapping the graphic in the
side of the table
>cell above. (?!)

I didn't take a close look at it, but the w3c's
validator revealed that on line 69/71 there is an
opening and closing tr tag, but nothing in them.  This
might actually be enough to cause NS to throw a fit.

>and
http://www.gwcreative.com/working/weekapaug/contact.ht
ml is all
>stretched out rather than the tidy width of the other
pages. Sheesh.
>any insight on those?

Have you tried defining a width on the sidebar class?
I stuck in width: 150px and it behaved fine in NS
4.79.  Though, you might want to rethink using the
background: transparent part of that class, since it
looks black in NS.  Though, maybe you have a specific
reason why you couldn't just define it as white or not
at all.

Not to nitpick, but your doctype says XHTML 1.0, but
your coding looks more like HTML 4.01 Transitional.

sasha