[thelist] OT: hyperlinks in Outlook not working properly

Scarlett Julian (ED) Julian.Scarlett at sheffield.gov.uk
Wed Oct 23 03:09:01 CDT 2002

Hi all

I'm back after a long absence from web development (being pushed into
project management) and unfortunately my first post has to be an OT one. I
shall try and think of a suitable tip for you ;-)

My problem is that whenever I get an email (I use Outlook as mail client)
with a hyperlink in it I can't get the link to work. Clicking the link  will
open Internet Explorer but nothing happens after that. This started
happening about a month ago but I honestly can't remember what I did that
may have caused it. I have looked in the Microsoft knowledge base but no joy
and nothing anywhere else either.

<tip> type="testing accessibility" author="Julian Scarlett" If you're
looking to check if your pages are compliant to at least WCAG level A and
want to see what happens if you turn off javascript,
other browsers do and it's better to use a gecko based browser such as NS6.2
or Mozilla (0.9+) to get a better picture.</tip>

thanks people

--J.

btw just been browsing the archives and it feels kinda cosy to be back ;-)

Julian Scarlett
Web Design & Document Management System Officer
PPU
Education Directorate
Sheffield City Council
35612

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.