[thelist] Stowaways

Chuck Gartland chuck at project27.com
Wed Oct 23 07:27:00 CDT 2002

Dear List,

I have a friend who is working on a template for an existing website
which he plans on redesigning soon, but has to add pages to now. This
friend is using the same template for a number of pages. On the first
page updated, http://www.k-f.com/products/products.htm, everything looks
fine. But on the next couple of pages which use the same template, for
instance http://www.k-f.com/products/vpb3038.htm, my friend gets extra
characters, , riding on the top of the page.

This only happens in Mozilla. Apparently the stowaways do not care to
ride Microsoft's Short-Bus. If I view source from Moz' the the
characters show up before doctype. If I ctrl+e into Composer the then I
get the  just after the body tag. I, :cough:, I
mean my friend can not for the life of him figure out what is going on.

Thank you for any help,
Confused in the Midwest