[thelist] [javascript] getElementById

S.tygian B.lacksmith S.tudios studio at zero.zero.xs2.net
Wed Oct 23 19:48:01 CDT 2002

Whups. I hit the send button too early on that one. Guess my coffee's
too strong.

Anyway, to amend my earlier post: technically, you don't have to access
the option child's value like I stated. It depends on whether or not you
want to rely on the DOM level-whatever HTML compatibility functions. The
way that I suggested is more along the lines of strict DOM coding - but
you can also access it using the value property of the select element
(compatibility style). The main issue is assigning the node to the
variable at the proper time.

S. G.