[thelist] XHTML Valid Jump Menu

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Thu Oct 24 11:08:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 08:12:58AM -0700, mkelley at mkelley.net wrote:
> I'm working on a website that validates xhtml transitional...until I add a
> jump menu onto it. Does anyone know of a valid xhtml juml menu or how to
> go about transforming a typical one into valid code?

I'd never heard of a jump menu before, but google suggests that it is one
of those nasty (IMO) <select> elements twisted in to a navigation element.

Before you continue I suggest you have a read of:

  http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/navmenu.html

(If you must use a <select> as a navigation tool then at least implement it
in a semi-accessible way that doesn't *require* JavaScript).

I suspect the problem you are having (and as you failed to provide code
I can't do any more then suspect) is that you have forgotten that XHTML
tags and attributes are case sensitive.

<select ... onChange...> should be <select ... onchange...>

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
"You cannot rewrite history, not one line."