[thelist] Job Change Question

Mike Migurski mike at saturn5.com
Thu Oct 24 15:11:00 CDT 2002

>So you may be assuming my quandary at the moment- leave something stable
>for porn (that probably is stable) any thoughts? How would future
>employers look at me?

It depends on your comfort level w/r/t showing potential future employers
your portfolio - probably the same issue that porn actresses run into when
attempting to do "normal" acting work.

Quality work is quality work, but a lot of people have trouble getting
over the emotional impact of Live! Nude! Girls! when trying to evaluate a
portfolio. If you're confident in the quality of your portfolio, not
sqeamish about the content, AND you're willing to tone it down a bit by
swapping out images or text where appropriate, you're probably okay.

I've done some xxx-related contracts in the past, but to be honest I would
be reluctant to show that work to a potential employer, even though I
approached with the same attention to detail as I would any other project.

OTOH, the porn industry is big, rich, and stable, so you could find
yourself hopping from porn job to porn job, and have every potential
employer be totally understanding of the issues involved. :)

-mike.

                 http://www.saturn5.com/mike/contact.html

                "Freedom! Horrible, horrible freedom!"