[thelist] flash: _level and _root

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Fri Oct 25 11:31:01 CDT 2002

I have a menu system that is loaded externally (loadMovie("menu.swf",
"menuPlacerMC")) into an empty movie clip (named "menuPlacerMC") on my Main
Timeline. I have a Scene transition loaded (loadMovieNum("transition.swf",
1)) into _level1 on my Main Timeline.

Question:

How can I get my externally loaded menu system to run my internally loaded
transition? _root._level1.gotoAndPlay(2) is not working - I am assuming it
is still talking inside the menu system instead of the main movie. How can I
access the main timeline level system from a loaded movie?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

markJ