[thelist] Line breaks with ASP

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sun Oct 27 09:28:01 CST 2002

I am manually entering the contents of e-mails into an ASP page I have
written which then sends this information into a database. The trouble I am
having is that when the text is called back from the database all the line
breaks are gone, but when I view the source code the line breaks are there.
I am re-using some old code from one of my previous queries to replace
vbcrlf with <br />

varDataLine = Replace(varDataLine,"vbcrlf","<br />")

but this does not seem to affect the text rendered by the browser. Where am
I going wrong?

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk