[thelist] Line breaks with ASP

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sun Oct 27 10:00:01 CST 2002

> VBCrLf is a VBScript constant, not a string. Don't put quotes around it.
>
> So make it:
>
> varDataLine = Replace(varDataLine, vbcrlf, "<br />")
>
> Does that work?

Thanks for the swift reply, unfortunately it doesn't. Here's an example of
what I mean, in the source the text reads...

Tools
Connection
Hang up after sending and receiving

but on the browser it looks like...

Tools Options Connection Hang up after sending and receiving

Actually, looking at the source, another one of my replace function isn't
working either, what is wrong with this code?

Function EscapeDBData(varDataLine)
     if not(varDataLine = "") then
                 varDataLine = Replace(varDataLine,"'","''")
     else if not(varDataLine = "") then
                 varDataLine = Replace(varDataLine,"%","&#37;")
     else if not(varDataLine = "") then
                 varDataLine = Replace(varDataLine,vbcrlf,"<br />")
  end if
     end if
  end if
         EscapeDBData = varDataLine
End Function

The first line works, replacing ' with '' but the other 2 don't seem to
work.

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk