[thelist] Screen Readers

chris chris at mindsparkmedia.com
Mon Oct 28 18:17:01 CST 2002

There are open source projects.  I just haven't tested them out yet. One
barrier is that again, a person with a disability who is on a fixed income
often receives a computer through a donation program, and those are almost
always Windows machines... Microsoft is quite generous in this area.  That
means it's unlikely that they have access to anyone to help them configure a
linux box, or to overcome the steep learning curve...I believe that will
change eventually, but for now.. well..

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/AT/Gnopernicus/

http://www.eetimes.com/story/OEG20001004S0036

chris