Subject: Re: [thelist] [Site Specs] How to create/project site

Joe Power odelot38 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 07:12:01 CST 2002

My tool of choice for this is Visio. It is very easy to create functional, professional looking documentation that can be edited as changes to the architecture occur. When Visio is not an option, Photoshop, Fireworks or any decent graphics program can do the trick. Unless your graphic designer has a very strong understanding of the Web and Information Architecture, I would advise you not to hand sitemaps off to them. From my experience, they tend to get a bit too creative with something that should be as simple as possible. This is a document that needs to explain to your client, who is likely to be lacking in technical knowledge, how their site will function and flow. Once it has served this purpose, it then provides a roadmap for the db and coders who will build the site. The key to this, imo, is simplicity and clarity.