[thelist] pulling in an entire website

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Tue Oct 29 09:32:01 CST 2002

Peter VanDijck
>Here's my problem: I want to pull in intranets. A lot of the content is
>dynamically generated (database stuff), so pulling in files from a server
>doesn't work, I need to pull in the website as rendered through http. I
also
>have access issues (cookies): often only registered users can view these
pages
>so the tool needs to simulate being a user.
>Any tips?
>Peter

What about setting up a server and database on the local machine? Then just
copy the site and a dump of the database. It works for us when we need to
demo a shopping site and for local training purposes.

One problem would be how the cookie is assigned, if it's explicitly naming
the domain then you _may_ have problems. Though if the sites been created
intelligently that should only be one file to edit and perhaps make it
localhost or 127.0.0.1 and all should be well. Good luck.

Kind regards,
Liam Delahunty
Mega Products Limited, 10-11 Moor Street, Soho, London W1D 5NF
http://www.liamdelahunty.com/ web/ design/ database/ programming