[thelist] [QMail settings and PHP mail function]

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Tue Oct 29 16:12:00 CST 2002

I use the PHP "mail()" function for quite a few bits and pieces and find
it very handy. Trouble is, our part-time server admin guy set up QMail
on our server (combined mail and webserver) and it won't allow me to
send email via the mail() function anymore. The function still executes
without errors, and the mail apparently is formed and spat out by PHP
but it doesn't leave the dusty confines of the server hard-drive. I am
getting sick of waiting for this to be fixed, so can anyone give me some
idea of the settings that need to be altered to allow the PHP mail
function to operate?

--
Paul Bennett
Internet Developer