[thelist] loading images before Flash movie

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Oct 29 18:21:01 CST 2002

what is it that you want me to check?

since it occurs on the first page, here are some more suggestions.

1. make it appear not on the first page. put a splash page in front of
it or some other intermmediate page.
2. remember i talked about a 1 pixel high frame? since you're already
using frames, use the frame that is not the content frame. i.e. not the
frame that will change most often.
3. allow the flash movie and the graphics to load at the same time and
be ok with whoever finishes first.

writing #3 brought up a good question, why must the graphics load first?
flash is just as functional without graphics. even if they are
instructional graphics it shouldn't cause too much of a problem.

hth,
chris.