[thelist] OT: Anyone Else Having Problems Getting Messages Through to the List?

Max Kanat-Alexander maxka at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Oct 29 22:52:01 CST 2002

At 08:16 PM 10/29/2002, you wrote:
>if you'll look up near the top you'll see the line in square brackets.  it's
>more than likely that the original poster sent in an html formatted email or
>perhaps with a content-type other than text/plain which would result in it
>getting held (if it couldn't be converted).

         In the e-mail I got from him:

         Also, the thing in brackets is actually mine, not his. I send all
of my mail as multipart/alternative, since almost every mail client in
existence now handles it properly, and thelist is nice enough to pick it
apart for me.

         I couldn't figure out anything else that might be "suspicious"
about his normal headers.

         -Max

         P.S. Here are the rest of his headers, from a direct email: