[thelist] [Flash] Dynamically sized/generated boxes possible?

Abhay S. Kushwaha abhayk at netsolutionsindia.com
Wed Oct 30 01:00:01 CST 2002

Can I have it that depending on the text that is populating the
string, a box container be generated with 1 pixel border (or without)
that is sized just enough to contain the string length. The string
length could be anything from 2 characters to 120 and the text appears
inside the said box.

If so, how can this be done?

Disclaimer: I'm a Flash-impaired guy. This query is on behalf of my
            Flash designer who tells me this can't be done.

            My Google searches haven't led me anywhere. I need to
            restart learning how to search the web. :P

[abhay]