[thelist] XSLT and comments/include files

S.tygian B.lacksmith S.tudios studio at zero.zero.xs2.net
Wed Oct 30 10:16:01 CST 2002

> I'm having fun and games with XSLT at the moment.

Isn't it always like that? ;)

> What I want to do is include those in the XSL stylesheet so that I can
save the output as *.shtml and have the contents of the include file
appear in the rendered output. The problem I'm having is that when I
include the include command (ie <!-- #include
file="/includes/db_connections.asp" -->) in the XSL file it's not
appearing in the output as the XSLT thinks it's an XSL comment.

Since SSI directives use the same delimiting syntax as regular comments -
 <!-- whatever --> - have you tried using the xsl:comment instruction?
e.g.:

<xsl:comment>#include file="/includes/db_connections.asp"</xsl:comment>

I haven't tried this myself, since I don't make much use of SSI. But it
should work.

HTH,
S. G. Kearn