[thelist] Postcast Server and Hotmail problems

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 01:57:01 CST 2002

> For those of you using Postcast Server, and those that have a hotmail
> account, could you run a quick test to see if sending email through
> Postcast to Hotmail works... my experience is that hotmail
> "rejects" the
> emails.  This is the error that I receive, can anyone shed some light,
> thanks:

>From the PCS site:

If you cannot send messages to AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo and other similar
addresses
You will need to change the way your computer will identify to the
remote server. Open the Settings window, choose 'Advanced' tab, and
press the Settings button next to the 'Server identity for HELO
handshaking command' label. Try to change the server identity setting in
the Settings screen to mail.yourserver.com.

For example, if your email address is joe at someserver.com set the HELO
handshaking identification to mail.someserver.com. Try also with only
someserver.com format.

See these web pages for more information:
www.postcastserver.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.pl?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000131
www.postcastserver.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.pl?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000006
www.postcastserver.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.pl?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000245

HTH