[thelist] Apache/SSL Question

Michael Buffington mike at mxdeveloper.com
Thu Oct 31 08:55:01 CST 2002

I actually just "rebuilt" my server on win32 to use the latest modssl
(can't remember the version) with the newest possible Apache version that
modssl supports (1.3.27).

I'm still not able to get SSL to work. I'm getting an error in the
SSL.log file saying:

[warn]  Init: (12-231-153-25.client.attbi.com:443) RSA server certificate
CommonName (CN) `secure.stinkmachine.com' does NOT match server name!?

Now, I've just now realized that the error is actually a warning, but I'm
still not able to connect to https://secure.stinkmachine.com

I am able to connect to http://secure.stinkmachine.com:443

Here's what my VirtualHost looks like for secure.stinkmachine.com:

# see http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.4/ssl_reference.html for more info
SSLMutex sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLSessionCache none

SSLLog logs/SSL.log
SSLLogLevel info
# You can later change "info" to "warn" if everything is OK

<VirtualHost secure.stinkmachine.com:443>
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/my-server.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/my-server.key

DocumentRoot c:/wwwroot/core/stinkmachine/checkout
</VirtualHost>

Any ideas?