[thelist] button margins, td aligns

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Thu Oct 31 15:05:18 CST 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
>Working on a job for IE6 only. The client wants the buttons to be
>only as wide as the text in the button, ie. no space to the right and
>left of the text. Yes, it is ridiculous. I still have to try and do
>it. Anyone know a CSS hack for this?

No... but how about a graphic? Will work cross browser (with *obvious*
exceptions ;0 )

>Also, interesting thing I am finding is that <td align="right"> is
>not working for me when I have a DIV inside that cell. The div won't
>align right, and it seems the button won't either..any idea why?

You need to align the div as it's a block element. Perhaps a span would
work?

Kind regards,
Liam Delahunty
Mega Products Limited, http://www.britstream.com/
Hosting/ Domain Names From UKP 7.50 p.a.
web/ design/ database/ programming