[thelist] multiple Words

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Mon Nov 4 12:02:00 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:47:21 -0500, Jerry Scannell <JerryScannell at cox.net> wrote:

> You are utilizing dual boot??  Then install Office XP on the WinXP
> partition.

No, I'm utilizing "Duh, lack of clarity in writing" today.

They are different machines.

Win98 machine has Office97 on it. I don't particularly like Office97, but
since the machine is older and slower, so I didn't want to dump Office XP
on it.

I thought I had Office2k on my WinXP machine, but it's Office2k.

> As far as the Win98 platform goes, you still might have a problem double
> installing Office 97 and 2000.  That lies in the additional files (e.g.
> .dll
> files) that might have the same name from one version to another.  and
> you
> would end up overwriting the wrong things.  then there's the problems
> associated with the registry process.

So the answer is "even if it might work, it probably won't, and do you
really need more problems with Office anyway?"

Thanks for the warnings, I guess I won't try this.

TjL