[thelist] multiple Words

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Mon Nov 4 17:56:01 CST 2002

It is fully possible to have multiple installs of office on a single
machine. As long as you do the install properly. This option is actually
built into windows 2000 at least. I am not sure about XP though.

If you have Office 97 installed on your machine and do an update, Office
2000 will ask you if you want to keep any of the old programs already
installed on your computer. At this point you can select which programs
to keep. Once selected, the installation/update process will continue.

The only problem with this process is that the saved programs will not
be accessible from the start menu. You will need to create separate
shortcuts for them by finding them within Program Files. But the
programs will run once you find them.

However, I do agree with the other comments that have been made on this
subject. There really is no need for multiple installations. I just
wanted to point out that it is possible to do and the process needed to
do multiple installs.

Chris

--
www.fuzzylizard.com