Help first, be a stuck-up *** later (Was RE: [thelist] [Music clips] Continuous music clip playing across site)

Chris Marsh chris at webbtech.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 11:19:04 CST 2002

Russ

> Hey, thanks for the name calling.

Ad hominem attacks aren't particularly helpful.

[..]

> I offered as much help for the poster as they asked for, and
> it's truly that black-and-white.

This is truly disingenous. Before posting, you should have questioned
your motivation. Did you really wish to assist the poster, or merely
criticise him by implication? If the answer is the former then you would
not be doing yourself a disservice by thinking a little more laterally,
and if the answer is the latter then perhaps you should make your
criticisms explicit if you feel that they are worth stating.

> The signal-to-noise ratio
> on lists such as this increases every time someone asks a
> question without taking any responsibility on themselves, and

Yuh, okay. The following quoted from your subsequent post.

<generality>
There are many options,
</generality>

<repetition>
but I believe someone already mentioned the framed approach and that
should carry throughout.
</repetition>

<stating the bleedin' obvious>
It also depends upon the technologies being used, the type of site, etc.
</stating the bleedin' obvious>

> it gets increased even greater when people go back and forth.

Not being without sin yourself, perhaps refrain from stoning people, eh?

>  This is the last you'll hear from me right here; you have a
> problem with this, you take it to my personal email account.

Glad to hear it, sport.

Regards

Chris Marsh

<tip author='Chris Marsh' type='cookies'>
When setting cookie paths in JavaScript, bear in mind that they are case
sensitive. Thus a cookie with path set as "/foobar/" will not be
accessible to a page "/FooBar/default.htm".
</tip>