[thelist] Capturing print event with JavaScript

Ben Gustafson Ben_Gustafson at lionbridge.com
Wed Nov 6 10:20:15 CST 2002

Is there a way to capture with JavaScript the client-side event of printing
a page? I recently ditched the "printer-friendly page" link on my employer's
site in favor of a print style sheet, but now I can't track hits on the
printer-friendly ASP page to see which pages visitors are printing. I was
thinking of capturing the event and logging it in a server-side log file, à
la Aardvark's Real-World Browser Stats logging model
(http://evolt.org/article/Real_World_Browser_Size_Stats_Part_I/17/2295/index
.html).

--Ben