[thelist] alt and title

Tarrant Costelloe taz at insur-e.net
Wed Nov 6 10:38:01 CST 2002

http://www.evolt.org/article/Alt_and_beyond_Making_web_graphics_accessible/4
090/44510/index.html

:o)

-----Original Message-----
From: Janet Green [mailto:JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com]
Sent: 06 November 2002 16:32
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: RE: [thelist] alt and title

  Should the alt text and the title text be the same?

I don't think so. I use alt text to describe graphics and photos (example:
alt=partnership logo or alt=photo of stadium) in case viewers have graphics
turned off or in case they are using an assistance device that might read it
to let them know what the visual elements are on the page. I format my page
titles with a brief name that stays the same on all pages but then followed
by a short description of that particular page to help search engines find
it. ("Change Your View - Calendar of Events," "Change Your View - Staff
list," etc.)

Janet