[thelist] os commerce instal

Rich Gray rich at f1central.net
Thu Nov 7 03:30:01 CST 2002

Andrew

Yep, as I mentioned in my earlier message register_globals needs to be 'On'
in your php.ini file - it also needs to be on for the earlier version as
well but it doesn't warn you about it being off it just falls over in
various places...

If you can't switch on globals in your php.ini and you're not worried about
the security implications then you could add in a workaround hack such as

extract($_SERVER);
extract($_POST);
extract($_COOKIE);
etc etc

At the top of application_top.php which should create the named vars in the
global namespace. However, if you have multi-dimensional arrays or you want
security tight then you will need to roll your own function...

I would hope that when v2.2 is released it will support register_globals
being Off

Cheers
Rich