[thelist] How Do You Compile Code? (ASP.Net)

Pat Meeks pmeeks at msn.com
Thu Nov 7 12:38:01 CST 2002

Burhan:

> PM> I'm been working through the free WROX Web Matrix PDF tutorial and on
page
> PM> 52 it says to Compile Classes.
>
> Can you please send the me URL for this tut? I am thinking about
> jumping into .net stuff, and could use all the help I can get.
>
> Did you find it useful?

Yes, I'm finding it very useful. For someone like yourself, you'll be up and
running in no time.

To get started:
www.asp.net

Download the free Web Matrix program (as opposed to VS.Net, which is close
to $1,000) is at:
http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46

Free WROX PDF tutorial in PDF
http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/web%20matrix_doc.pdf

Also...
http://www.asptutorial.info/

And all the standard ASP sites now have ASP.Net articles, code and tools as
that seems to be where things are moving. There are two books coming out on
using Web Matrix and learning ASP.Net that's supposed to be good for
beginners like myself. You will probably be able to jump right into the real
stuff. However,  www.asp.net  is the place to start. They have links, forums
and large, active community.

HTH, Pat