[thelist] Domain thievery

construct neal at constructweb.com
Thu Nov 7 17:58:01 CST 2002

Here is an issue that may not have been covered
I would like to get some thoughts on this

I had a domain name   www.nealwatkins.com
just a personal site-- no big whup
It was register for a buck on staples a while back
they were part of register.com
well it expired and I never received notice
because of an old email address
some putz bought it---
Domain Reg LLC ------
and they obviously want some cash for it
(although they won't say that)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Domain Reg LLC has already incurred
expenses in development costs, not including optimization,
prepaid hosting contracts and even legal fees and on
that basis Domain Reg LLC has rejected your offer.

If you wish to submit a supplemental offer on the domain name,
or should you have any questions or comments, please feel
free to contact us again.

amazing huh?
anu thoughts
questions?
all I can say is make sure to keep your info up to date on your registars
Neal