[thelist] Liquid design with max width contraint

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 7 22:25:00 CST 2002

Is it possible to create a liquid page, with a maximum limit on the
width of the table or div.

I know the opposite is easily achieved, i.e. liquid design with a
minimum limit on how much you can shrink the width.

What I want is the content to be a maximum of 800 (or 640) pixel wide
and should the browser be resized to anything less, then the content
should start wrapping.

Please let me know if this can be achieved in any way other than using
the max-width attribute which at present is only supported by NS6.

This problem's been perplexing me for quite a while now.

Cheers,
Aleem
(feels good to be back on the list)