[thelist] Select list in HTML

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Fri Nov 8 07:08:00 CST 2002

[snip]
If the select list is active, then pressing B will make it scroll to "ben"
automatically anyway - at least it does in all the browsers I can think of!
(ymmv!)

I use this all the time in select lists with a country selection option.
Coming from Sweden the quickest way to jump there is to click T and then hit
the up arrow a few times to get to Sweden's entry on the list ;-)
[/snip]

Select lists having more than one entry with the same beginning character
will

a.Go to the first selection when you hit that character on the keyboard
b.Will go to each subsequent selection each time you hit that character on
the keyboard

So, if you have a list of states you can hit "T" twice to get to Texas.

Jay