[thelist] Javascript back button in a popup

Phil Essing phil at sector404.org
Sat Nov 9 00:45:01 CST 2002

Derry,

I checked your source and noticed that the parent page does a check on
the variable closeMe, to decide whether or not to open the popup.  By
default, closeMe is set to 0, which calls the popup.  If the user clicks
the accept button, the function sets the closeMe variable to 1 on the
parent window, and then shuts the popup.

All that being said, I think you only need to add the following line to
the function I sent you:

window.opener.closeMe = 1;

Make sure it's the first of the three lines, and that will hopefully
work.

-phil

Phil Essing
phil at sector404.org