[thelist] Browser specific stylesheets

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 10 10:47:02 CST 2002

>I have a page that uses absolute positioning to place one div on top of
>several others. However, as the site is centred on the page, I'm using
>(window.width/2) to position the content div. (Thanks to someone on this
>list :))
>
>Problem is, Netscape and Opera are not liking it, and placing the div
>incorrectly. So what I'd like to do is have a separate stylesheet for these
>browsers.

I think the problem is in the script, not in the CSS. I guess you're using
IE-only properties for reading out the window width.

See http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?winprop.html for information
about the other browsers.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: CSS Bugs in Internet Explorer 5 on Mac
http://developer.apple.com/internet/css/ie5cssbugs.html