[thelist] building websites, instructions on

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Nov 11 14:06:02 CST 2002

hi everyone.

i've asked a question similar to this in the past however i'd like some
more information. when i build a website (however few and far between
they are) i sit down with the client and my teammates and we ask some
general/specific questions about their goals and interests and what they
might like it to look like, etc. and it's almost always an ad-hoc
process. i learn new things each time but i'm afraid i'm wasting a lot
of time in the planning stages. frankly there is *almost* no planning.

i'm curious as to how others go about streamlining (meant, wasting as
little time as possible with throwing out old ideas for new/better ones)
the process and if there are books/classes/online tutorials that lay out
a solid foundation for planning and building websites.

thanks a lot.
chris.