[thelist] automatic code updates with PHP

Ray Hill lists at prydain.com
Mon Nov 11 21:29:01 CST 2002

> my experience has been the exact opposite. i won't let
> norton *anywhere* near my machines. on the other hand,
> i have had almost zero problems with microsoft products,
> updates, patches, etc.  just goes to show that what some
> people consider fact about companies is really just opinion.

Yup.  Except I'm not talking about fact, I'm talking about trust.  Our
reasons for trusting or distrusting a company (or person, or anything else)
are usually based on emotion and personal opinion as much as facts (more,
I'd guess).

But either way, it does prove the point that trust *is* an issue when it
comes to letting someone else install software updates on your machine.  And
no matter how trust worthy you might actually be, there probably will be
some people who don't trust you and avoid using your software as a result.

--ray