[thelist] XML/XSLT & ASP question

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Tue Nov 12 10:03:01 CST 2002

>Basically, I want to be able to have someone type up the xml file, and
>then #include a file that will perform the transformation with the MSXML
>objects. So this is how I would have it set up...

Jason,

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for here. Are you wanting the user
to create a file via a browser form textarea and submit it to a server-side
script for processing? Or have someone create a file and put it on the
server for processing?

>From the code you included, it looked like you wanted to have an XML file
that had a server-side include in it. You can't do that. SSI only executes
on ASP files, unless you change IIS to parse XML files for ASP content as
well.

I don't see a need to bother with response buffering. It's on by default in
IIS5+ anyway. If you want to process submitted XML text, it's already a
string and is processed by the server-side script that is the target of the
form. A pure server-side solution (where someone creates an XML file and
copies it to the server via windows shares or FTP) would require a script on
the server that you could run and provide it with the path to the file to
transform.

Maybe a bit more information on exactly what you are trying to do as well as
why you are trying to do it would help out.

Thanks,
-dave