[thelist] [CODE] bloated image src names

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Nov 12 18:54:02 CST 2002

r937 at interlog.com wrote:

> there may be many good reasons for using folders
>
> distinct permissions is one

reaching the limit on file descriptors is another :-)

> as long as we are being open-minded, are there any benefits
> to not using folders?

Ah, sure --

+ a simple `ls *foo*` finds all your "foo files", instead of
   having to run `find . -type f -name '*foo*' -print`

+ less likely to have problems with duplicate file names (when you
   start rearranging things later)

+ waste less time looking up paths to images

Good for starters, anyway ...
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.