[thelist] different ways of importing css + tip

kristina ml at kfxdesign.net
Wed Nov 13 06:54:01 CST 2002

List,

  Below I have listed a couple of different ways
  of calling a style sheet.  I would like to know
  which one(s) is/are best.

  I would like to use the first one, but the
  commenting out is commenting out from all
  browsers.  Does the @import work as a kind of
  comment out?

  Is this a better way to list several style
  sheets than the
  <wrap>
  <link rel="stylesheet"
  type="text/css" href="css/global.css"
  title="style" />
  </wrap> method?

  <!--
    @import "styleFooOne.css";
    @import "styleFooTwo.css";
    @import "styleFooThree.css";
  -->

  @import "styleFooOne.css";

  <!--
    @import url(style/global.css);
  -->

  should it be:
   - @import url(style/global.css);
  or
   - @import "styleFooOne.css";
   ?

   I've seen both used, but have no idea which
   should be used and when.

   I also think I owe a tip for my last post

   <tip>
     For Win 2000 users the quick launch toolbar
     that lives next to the start button (usually)
     can make opening programs that you use often
     even quicker.

     By adding a shortcut to the Quick Launch
     toolbar you have all your most used programs
     one click away.

     For instance in mine I have all broswers, my
     fave editors (HTML-Kit & TopStyle), notepad
     (as very useful to c&p too in a hurry) dos
     prompt, Sam spade, ftp, ssh, email and
     calculator and of course one of the most
     useful 'show desktop'.
   </tip>

   I hope both things are reasonably well
   explained, shout if not.