[thelist] Forms & IE6

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Wed Nov 13 15:40:01 CST 2002

Cayley,

> Is there a way that Internet explorer 6 processes form fields?  I have a
> form that doesn¹t return any data on IE 6 - but works for other browsers
> [...]
> http://evergreenedu.com/

    I extracted the form from your page source (we're talking about the form
for registering for free seminars, right?) and tested it on my local server.
It worked fine in IE 6 (although I question whether you meant to use dates
as the values of the name attributes of your checkbox inputs; wouldn't it be
better to make these the values?).
    Otherwise, the only possible problem that I can see is that perhaps the
enctype value of the form is getting munged somewhere. Since
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded" is the default value, you might try
eliminating this attribute altogether and see whether your problem ends.

James Aylard