[thelist] js and redirection

Michael Mell mike at nthwave.net
Wed Nov 13 21:20:01 CST 2002

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 11:56  AM, Le Sauvage wrote:
> [1] sorry :-( when i said the codes didn't work, what i meant was that
> the
> window did not downsize and you did not get redirected. i tried both
> options
> you kindly provided.

can you post the barebones test pages so we can look? If not, please
send a zip directly to me.

> [2] to my uninformed mind, i don't suppose checking for js errors
> (with the OS)
> would help because the window to be dealt with is open fullscreen
> (which i have
> already stated).
I'm unclear how the window size could affect the reporting of JS errors

> this means that to check, i have to press Ctrl-W or Ctrl-A, in
> which case i will have done one-half of what the script is meant to
> do. in any
> case, i did the pressing; and when the window was in normal mode, the
> only
> report i got was "error on page". incidentally, i also did this test
> on an
> almost-empty page -- meaning there were no other scripts used and
> stylesheet
> specs removed,
excellent

> and the only text in the body were the links.
> [3] it is possible that certain js codes such as yours are not
> executed when
> you are in full-screen mode.
not likely

> if you have a link each for go.history -1/1, for
> example, they do not work.
hmm! I believe you, but I'm surprised.

> [4] i used a script-debugging script, and what i got was --
>
> Err: Object expected on line: 1
> being tested
great, now we need to figure out where it expected an object. I need to
see your code.

> [5] i am using MSIE 5.5; Windows 98 SP2)
>
> thank you for the trouble you are taking and your understanding.
I just want to return to thelist all the help I've gotten.